Written on March 21st.
Today is my last day in the office before I go on my maternity leave. I'm done sending my transition files and notes to my boss, already closed all pending action items on emails and have given final instructions to my team. :)
By tomorrow, it will be my little girl's graduation day in Kinder 2. That deserves another post entry which probably have to wait after I recovered from giving birth.
So what's the reason for writing? Before I finally let my baby boy out in this world, I would like to note the things that I will and will not miss on my pregnancy.
What I would miss?
* My non-gestational diabetes pregnancy experience. Imagine, no more counting of bread, rice, pastries, and frutis. I could eat ice cream, chocolate and cake.
* The baby kicks I got while intensely playing Candy Crush Saga!
* The compliments about me not getting too fat :)
* The concern and random acts of kindness from people even from those I do not know.
* Last but not the least, the PWD lane in Robinsons Forum Supermarket. I will definitely miss getting first in line all the time given that their regular lanes really pissed me off!
Now, here are the things I would not miss:
* My first ever "fainting" experience during the 2nd blood extraction for my OGTT on the 28th week
* The "always hungry" then afterwards "bloated feeling". I cannot eat too much.
* My swollen feet and getting prominent nose as my due date gets nearer.
* Lastly, the skin discoloration :(
I have created this list to somehow remind me of the whole experience I have. Not that I am complaining but more of acknowledging the good and the not so easy parts of this journey.
By the time I finished this entry, I already have given birth to a bouncing baby boy. And each time I look at him, I felt victorious on this pregnancy. Ciao!