I just watched the arrival of Pope Francis at Tacloban City airport on tv. Despite the rains and winds brought by a signal #2 storm, the people waiting for him were not baffled at all. Such a strong faith & hope that I envy all of them for being there to see our Pope in flesh!
Taking advantage of the free time I have this morning and also the mood to write, I would like to note all of my blessings in 2014. So here are they:
* My promotion last Jan 2014 - my new boss admittedly have overlooked this. What I did was not to seek for it but have asked how my current role differ and what should I do more or need to improved on to become qualified for the job. He got reminded about it and at the last minute, he took action.
* Gian's 1st birthday at Fun Ranch last March and Reese's 7th birthday at Kidzville last July - these were the 2 major events of the year for our family. Both celebrations where attended by loved ones and friends. The venues and food were also good!
* Ava - we let go of HR (habanero red) to give way to the car that will give us extra seating capacity. We still opt to have a basic car which would be fuel efficient to drive to work daily. Hubby and I will probably get an SUV someday, but for now, we'd rather invest the money.
* Looming - I learned a new hobby this year which was good. Although this did not last that long but I would like to take into account the tons of bracelet and loom rings I made. There's still youtube tutorials for other loom things I can do this year.
* LEAP-A4 - Leadership Empowerment and Advancement Program for Asia, Batch 4. I finished this mini-MBA and our team's project proposal "Seat Management" won 3rd place out of the 7 teams :) One thing I could have done better was to be brave enough in doing presentation in front of high profile audience. I should have listened to my teammates that I could do it given the fact that I got myself involved in the business process. Lesson learned...
* 10th Year Service Awardee - I have never imagined myself working for a company this long! Emerson has been good to me and I would like to contribute more. Another bonus was that our GM whom I look up to celebrated his 25th year. He got assigned in Manila and what a good coincidence that these milestones happened during his stay with our country!
* Trip to Ohio for the Supply Chain Conference - I was there last Nov 1-8 for the conference and business meetings. It was my first time to meet key stakeholders and visit the factory. Best of all,I did my presentation without being nervous. It made me feel more confident that I can do it! Another best part of the trip were the road trip to downtown, dining at Cracker Barrell, and the discount shopping at Target, Old Navy, Gap, and Coach at Tanger Outlet!
* Family gatherings and games - we had 3 during the Christmas holidays: at Pansol Laguna with Torres' relatives, at Tita Lydia's home with my extended family & relatives, and at Nanay's house with hubby's extended family. Aside from good food and get together, games became good part of the celebration. Among the favorites were: Yankee swap, 20 peso winner take all, name the logo, and name the commercial tag line.
* Family vacation at Pico de Loro - we went back for an overnight stay. It was Gian's first time. The weather was quite cool so we did not go swimming that much. The journey and the place itself were really good. The part that we don't like was the food choices and bad/very slow service. We therefore conclude not to come back.
* Lego - I guess I found a toy that probably I enjoy more than Reese did. I am not really creative so knowing that those little pieces came with an instruction was very helpful! I got to enjoy the Brickmaster - Lego and Friends I gave Reese as a present and that's where it all started.
* Getting back on track with finances - we have sold our car before getting a new one; sold Ibuna house that enabled us to pay our current house in full :) We are now in search for a property for investment, like buy & sell. Hopefully, we'll find a good deal in 2015.
* Above all, we are thankful for all year-round good health and safety. For keeping our family together and stronger. No material thing could ever replace having my loved ones with me! Thank You Jesus for never giving up on me despite my shortcomings. I owe you everything!
-to be updated with some photos