I just watched the arrival of Pope Francis at Tacloban City airport on tv. Despite the rains and winds brought by a signal #2 storm, the people waiting for him were not baffled at all. Such a strong faith & hope that I envy all of them for being there to see our Pope in flesh!
Taking advantage of the free time I have this morning and also the mood to write, I would like to note all of my blessings in 2014. So here are they:
* My promotion last Jan 2014 - my new boss admittedly have overlooked this. What I did was not to seek for it but have asked how my current role differ and what should I do more or need to improved on to become qualified for the job. He got reminded about it and at the last minute, he took action.
* Gian's 1st birthday at Fun Ranch last March and Reese's 7th birthday at Kidzville last July - these were the 2 major events of the year for our family. Both celebrations where attended by loved ones and friends. The venues and food were also good!
* Ava - we let go of HR (habanero red) to give way to the car that will give us extra seating capacity. We still opt to have a basic car which would be fuel efficient to drive to work daily. Hubby and I will probably get an SUV someday, but for now, we'd rather invest the money.
* Looming - I learned a new hobby this year which was good. Although this did not last that long but I would like to take into account the tons of bracelet and loom rings I made. There's still youtube tutorials for other loom things I can do this year.
* LEAP-A4 - Leadership Empowerment and Advancement Program for Asia, Batch 4. I finished this mini-MBA and our team's project proposal "Seat Management" won 3rd place out of the 7 teams :) One thing I could have done better was to be brave enough in doing presentation in front of high profile audience. I should have listened to my teammates that I could do it given the fact that I got myself involved in the business process. Lesson learned...
* 10th Year Service Awardee - I have never imagined myself working for a company this long! Emerson has been good to me and I would like to contribute more. Another bonus was that our GM whom I look up to celebrated his 25th year. He got assigned in Manila and what a good coincidence that these milestones happened during his stay with our country!
* Trip to Ohio for the Supply Chain Conference - I was there last Nov 1-8 for the conference and business meetings. It was my first time to meet key stakeholders and visit the factory. Best of all,I did my presentation without being nervous. It made me feel more confident that I can do it! Another best part of the trip were the road trip to downtown, dining at Cracker Barrell, and the discount shopping at Target, Old Navy, Gap, and Coach at Tanger Outlet!
* Family gatherings and games - we had 3 during the Christmas holidays: at Pansol Laguna with Torres' relatives, at Tita Lydia's home with my extended family & relatives, and at Nanay's house with hubby's extended family. Aside from good food and get together, games became good part of the celebration. Among the favorites were: Yankee swap, 20 peso winner take all, name the logo, and name the commercial tag line.
* Family vacation at Pico de Loro - we went back for an overnight stay. It was Gian's first time. The weather was quite cool so we did not go swimming that much. The journey and the place itself were really good. The part that we don't like was the food choices and bad/very slow service. We therefore conclude not to come back.
* Lego - I guess I found a toy that probably I enjoy more than Reese did. I am not really creative so knowing that those little pieces came with an instruction was very helpful! I got to enjoy the Brickmaster - Lego and Friends I gave Reese as a present and that's where it all started.
* Getting back on track with finances - we have sold our car before getting a new one; sold Ibuna house that enabled us to pay our current house in full :) We are now in search for a property for investment, like buy & sell. Hopefully, we'll find a good deal in 2015.
* Above all, we are thankful for all year-round good health and safety. For keeping our family together and stronger. No material thing could ever replace having my loved ones with me! Thank You Jesus for never giving up on me despite my shortcomings. I owe you everything!
-to be updated with some photos
Sunday, October 12, 2014
Yes, this one too deserves a post.
It's been awhile that I've been seeing those tiny round colorful bands at the mall, but was clueless what were they for. But not until I noticed the beatiful bracelets that our HR was wearing. They look so good on her that it made me really curious.to buy 2 set of kits and start learning it.
June 21, it was family Flu vaccine day and I did get a chance to read the instruction in the kit. I was able to do my first "Fish Tail" bracelet. I was quite excited about how easy it was that I also taught Reese how to do it. That day, we finished 9 bracelets!
Almost everyday after that, I was learning from the web and doing new designs using my 2 peg and full loom. My first love colors were metallic gold and silver.
Looming happened 2 weeks before Reese's 7th birthday. So I thought it would be nice to make bracelets that she and I could wear that day. And so I did and came up with "Dragon Scale" and "Frilly Braid" bracelets for us and some guests.
The rest was history, I made a lot. Reese also got a Monster tail loom as a present that added some more to our collection :)
Below are just some of the pictures of what I and Reese did. Some were not even captured and were given to loved ones! Oh well, I am happy to have found this hobby :)
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Looming has taken so much space in my ME time that I kinda push out blogging. Or maybe, Facebook has taken its toll on my interest to write since I could share a good portion of what already happened through picture posts. But anyway, my little girl surely deserves this post even if it was months ago, so here it is.
Our little princess in the house turned 7 last July 5. We celebrated her birthday with family, relatives & friends, and Reese's friends and some classmates (of course) at Kidzville Podium. I've chosen the place for its nice play area, although the party area had just enough space for the guests, but we made it worked :)
Reese have chosen the most loved birthday theme of the year which was "Frozen". So I had to sourced out for items that will accentuate her theme.
I found Elsa's dress on-line and accompanied Reese to Sonia Lee's store located at Luna Mencia St. near Shaw Blvd. Since it was quite in demand, they have a dress that fitted Reese, so that was fast!
The backdrop, customized standees, table centerpiece and welcome stand were done by Party Packagers. Big thanks to Willa for giving me good price and a nicer design :)
Carrot flavored cake and 50 chocolate cupcakes were recommendations from Willa of Party Packagers. They were delicious too!
And for the prizes and ad-ons, I chanced upon Hearty's One Stop Shop by Syreen. She got a lot of cute stuff and was very easy to talk to. I also got some items from Marius, cheaper but it's more difficult to get orders maybe due to his volume of customers.
Going back to the Party, it started at 10:30 am. Most of our guests were on-time :)
Kidzville's in-house party magician was Marvin. We requested for him since he did a good job on Reese's 1st birtday at Kidz Republic in MOA. He did fine this round, but I think I like his tricks better the first time.
The Creamery was the in-house food caterer. I liked all the food they served especially the creamy fish fillet. Also, the lechon from Abub's was so good. Thanks to the caterer for serving it for us.
Party ended at 1PM. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed, especially the kids. The fun did not end there yet. Kids had an unlimited play to Kidzville too. I could still imagine the twinkle in their eyes when it was announced. The challenge left was for parents and companions to make them stop playing afterwards! :)
Reese was so happy. We were very happy for her milestone too. That Monday, her classmates were still talking about the party and referred to it as "best party ever". I often hear Reese saying something like "best ever", so I guess it's part of kids' expressions nowadays.
To Reese, we are happy that you have grown up to be a kind and smart little girl. We hope you treasure these memories in your heart. Dad, Gian and I love you to bits!
Credits to JPatricio for all the wonderful pictures!
Thursday, June 12, 2014
When I think about it, it's been 8 years passed since I said "I do" to him whom I chose to live with forever. I could say that even without a travel or celebration, I felt complete just having him and our two best loved kids.
On our special day (3rd wk of May), we went to Tagaytay and stayed overnight at Summit Ridge Hotel. Both of us agreed that the place was just okay, not what we expect for its price tag. Taal Vista hotel is still better where we stayed few years ago.
During the day, we had lunch at Java Jazz since Trip Advisor gave him that idea. I did like the "bistek tagalog" I ordered. Their food is good for one serving. Afterwards, we had coffee at Bag of Beans. It was my first time there. Then, we went to Sky Ranch. Both of us are not good with heights so we went there for sight seeing & the view of Taal.
The highlight for me was our dinner at Marcia Adams. I really like eating in home-based resto because they usually serve better food and has good ambiance.
Morning after, we had breakfast at Breakfast at Antonio's. I like the place very much for having good food, breath of fresh air, ambiance, and view of Taal. As for him, his eyes feasted on the row of luxury cars that includes a Ferrari.
On our way home, I got some potted plants including a sunflower to show to Reese. We were still to get pasalubong until we had a phone call on an emergency at home. Gian fell on his crib! We rushed home and brought him to the ER just to make sure. Thank God he was okay. Our celebration is important to us, but our kids comes first.
To hubby, thank you for making our anniversary special always! We are together for life whether you like it or not! :p
Thursday, June 5, 2014
This 1st half of 2014, I got these:
- Hedgren office bag
- Nine West bag - gift
- Kipling wristlet wallet
- Kipling pouch
This is not me. I can't seem to stop drooling over the sale on-line! I should stop browsing (Nordstrom & Kipling) to put an end to my whims! Taming my "I want them all monster!" I should also stop thinking that those are my rewards for my 10th year in the company. Omg!
Update (June 12)
Bought a sling bag at Mango due to its usefulness and it was on sale! Sorry...
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Our baby boy had his 1st birthday party at Fun Ranch Grand Barnyard last March 29.
We wore checkered clothes to fit with our theme.
Birthday cake - Barnyard by Luxe Goldilocks
Magic and Games
Friends and Family celebrated with us
With the party host
Gian's ref magnet souvenir from Bulacan
Gian, I hope you'll see this when you grow up. We love you so much anak!